The wings are the most popular part of the chicken for many people, especially in the US of A are fans going whoopee dooda over chicken wings.
They come in a wide range of preparation styles and flavors
The chicken wings in this recipe are really easy to make, they taste divine whether you eat them hot or cold
Oven baked fries go well with the wings and you can simply bake the whole dish in one go.
I doesn’t get much simpler than that.
- • 12 chicken wings
- • 1 tbsp dark soya sauce
- • 2 tbsp light soya sauce
- • 1 cm grated ginger
- • 2 tbsp finely chopped onion
- • 2 cloves grated garlic
- • Salt and pepper
- • 4 large russet potatoes
- • ½ cup coarse rice flour
- 1• Season the chicken wings with a little salt and pepper (be careful with salt as the soya sauce is also salty) and place them with the other ingredients in a large bowl, mix well to combine.
- 2• Allow to marinate for a few hours or overnight
- 3• Meanwhile, peel the potatoes and cut into ¼ inch thick fries, when you have cut them wash to remove the starch.
- 4• Boil the fries for about 5 minutes, drain and cool
- 5• When you’re ready to go, place the wings on one oven tray and sprinkle some oil over them
- 6• Place the fries in a mixing bowl, add the rice flour and shake around so the flour coats the fries. The flour will give a crisp finish after baking
- 7• Spread the fries on a second oven tray, sprinkle some oil over them and bake the wings and fries together in a 375 F (200 C) oven for 35 minutes
- Total Fat46 g71%
- Sat. Fat11.5 g58%
- Sodium1123.7 mg47%
- Carbs152.4 g51%
- Fiber19.2 g77%
- Sugars10.1 g11%
- Protein72.3 g145%