We have all heard of clam chowder, but you don't need clams to make this lovely seafood chowder.
Nourishing and if you put a little effort a feast for the eye as well.
I replaced the always present cream in this hearty seafood soup with vegetables that provide the perfect creaminess you will be looking for in a chowder.
- • 1 liter (4 cups) seafood broth
- • 250 gr (1 cup) cauliflower (cut small)
- • 250 gr (1 cup) turnips (cut small)
- • 8 medium sized prawns (divined, tail on)
- • 4 pieces black cod (90 gr, 3 oz, each)
- • 125 ml ( ½ cup) coconut milk
- • Few coriander stalks
- • 60 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- • Sea salt
- 1• Bring the seafood broth with the cauliflower, turnips and coriander stalks to a boil, lower the heat and simmer until soft, about 15 minutes.
- 2• Meanwhile heat the olive oil to medium heat in a skillet and fry the cod and prawns in 1 to 2 minutes until cooked. Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper.
- 3• When the vegetables in the broth are soft, transfer to an up-right blender and blend smooth. Return to the pan and season.
- 4• Ladle the chowder into bowls, add a piece of cod to each bowl, followed by 2 prawns.
- 5• Serve the chowder piping hot.
- Total Fat13.9 g21%
- Sat. Fat0.7 g4%
- Sodium2615.4 mg109%
- Carbs33.4 g11%
- Fiber2.5 g10%
- Sugars6.0 g7%
- Protein44.5 g89%